Views: 2 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-06-17 Origin: Site
What are the steps for making hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose?
There are many places where HPMC hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose is used in life.Today, cellulose manufacturers want to tell you what it is to make hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose. So some of my friends know something about it.
1. The purified cotton cellulose was treated with lye at 35-40℃ for half an hour. The cellulose was suitably crushed and matured at 35℃ so that the average degree of polymerization of the alkali fiber was within the required range.
2. Put the alkali fiber into the etherification kettle, add propylene oxide and methane chloride continuously, etherize at 50-80℃ for 5 hours, and the maximum pressure is about 1.8mpa.
3. Add proper amount of hydrochloric acid and oxalic acid detergent in 90℃ hot water to expand the volume. Dehydrate with a centrifuge. When the moisture content of the material is less than 60%, it is washed to neutral, and then dried to less than 5% by 130°C thermals.
These are the steps to do it. I hope the above helps everyone understand how to make it.
Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose has different functions in different industries
In our life, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose has been used in many industries. Many of your friends may not understand what it does. In fact, hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose has different roles in the industry, so let's take a look at the following analysis.
1. Building mortar, plastering mortar: high water retention ability can make cement fully hydrated, significantly increase bond strength. At the same time, the tensile strength and shear strength can be appropriately increased, greatly improving the construction effect and work efficiency.
2, cement putty: cellulose putty in the putty play the role of water, bonding and lubrication, to avoid excessive water loss caused by cracking and dehydration, while increasing the adhesion of putty, reduce the depression phenomenon in the construction, so that the construction is more smooth.
3. Interface agent: mainly used as thickener, can improve the tensile strength and shear strength, improve the surface coating, enhance adhesion and bonding strength.
4, ceramic tile binder: high water retention, no need to pre-soak or wet ceramic tile and base, bond strength is greatly improved, the construction period can be long, the construction period is long, fine, uniform, convenient construction, and has good resistance to migration. 5. Self-leveling material: stable adhesion to ensure good fluidity and self-leveling ability, and control water retention rate, make solidification fast, reduce cracking and contraction.
With this knowledge in mind, we also need to analyze the specific type to use when making a choice. Only choose the right type, can play a better role.