Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-01-21 Origin: Site
01. The main application of cellulose ether HPMC?
HPMC is widely used in construction mortar, water-based paint, synthetic resin, ceramics, medicine, food, textile, cosmetics, tobacco, and other industries. It is divided into construction grade, food grade, pharmaceutical grade, PVC industrial grade and daily chemical grade.
02. What are the classifications of cellulose?
Common celluloses are MC, HPMC, MHEC, CMC, HEC, EC
Among them, HEC and CMC are mostly used in water-based coatings,
CMC can also be used in ceramics, oil field, food and other fields
EC is mostly used in medicine, electronic silver paste and other fields
HPMC is divided into various specifications for mortar, medicine, food, PVC industry, daily chemical products and other industries
03. What is the difference between HPMC and MHEC in application?
The properties of the two kinds of cellulose are basically the same, but the high temperature stability of MHEC is better, especially in summer when the wall temperature is high, and the water retention performance of MHEC is better than that of HPMC under high temperature conditions.
04. How to simply judge the quality of HPMC?
1) Although the whiteness cannot determine whether HPMC is easy to use, and if whitening agents are added in the production process, the quality will be affected, but most of the good products have good whiteness, which can be roughly judged from the appearance.
2) Light transmittance: After dissolving HPMC in water to form a transparent colloid, look at its light transmittance. The better the light transmittance, the less insoluble matter there is, and the quality is relatively good.
If you want to accurately judge the quality of cellulose, the most reliable method is to use professional equipment in a professional laboratory for testing. The main testing indicators include viscosity, water retention rate, and ash content.
05. How to measure the viscosity of cellulose?
The common viscometer in the cellulose domestic market is NDJ, but in the international market, different manufacturers often use different viscosity testing methods. The common ones are Brookfeild RV, Hoppler, and there are also different detection solutions, which are divided into 1% solution and 2% solution. Different viscometers and different detection methods often result in a difference of several times or even dozens of times in the viscosity results.
06. What is the difference between HPMC instant type and hot melt type?
HPMC's instant products refer to products that quickly disperse in cold water, but it must be noted that dispersion does not mean dissolution. Instant products are treated with glyoxal on the surface and dispersed in cold water, but they do not start to dissolve immediately. , so the viscosity is not generated immediately after dispersion. The greater the amount of glyoxal surface treatment, the faster the dispersion, but the slower the viscosity, the smaller the amount of glyoxal, and vice versa.
07. Compound cellulose and modified cellulose
Now there are a lot of modified cellulose and compound cellulose on the market, so what is modification and compound?
This kind of cellulose often has properties that the original cellulose does not have or enhances some of its properties, such as: anti-slip, enhanced open time, increased scraping area to improve construction, etc. However, it should be noted that many companies also use The cheap cellulose that it adulterates in order to reduce costs is called compound cellulose or modified cellulose